Pressure Cooker Carne Asada
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Beef BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
- Prepared in Canada using only All Natural Flavours
- Seasoned to perfection with a blend of spices for a rich, authentic beef flavor
- 30% less sodium than our regular Ready To Use variety
- Campbell’s® - #1 selling broth in Canada!
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) salt
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast
- 6 garliccloves, minced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 sprigs oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tomato paste
- 2 cups (500 mL) CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Beef Broth
- 1 canned whole tomatoes
- 1 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- Turn the Pressure cooker on and press the Sauté function key. Add the onion, olive oil and salt to the pot and cook for 3 minutes, until softened slightly.
- Add the beef, garlic, thyme, oregano, bay leaves, tomato paste, broth, tomatoes, chipotle and stir through. Press the Keep Warm/Cancel button. Place and lock the lid, press Beef (High Pressure, 30 minutes). After 3 beeps the pressure cooker will start going.
- Once the time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes, use the quick release to let off the rest of the steam.
- Using tongs, transfer meat to a large bowl; shred with two forks, discarding any large pieces of fat or gristle and the Bay leaves. Return meat to pot, Press the Keep Warm/Cancel button and keep warm until ready to serve.
Serve the beef on grilled corn tortillas topped with diced avocado, sliced radishes, pickled red onions, crumbled queso and cilantro.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox