Cheese-Stuffed Chicken and Creamy Rice
Products you'll need:
- 2 (about 227g) | boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh basil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 1 can CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Cream of Chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 2/3 cup (165 mL) quick cooking long grain white rice
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
- Holding knife parallel to cutting board, slice chicken breasts horizontally almost but not quite all the way through; open like a book. Sprinkle with half of the cheese, garlic and half of the basil. Fold chicken over to close.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken 3-4 minutes per side. Remove to plate.
- Stir soup, water, rice and lemon juice into pan; bring to boil. Return chicken to pan; cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 8 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Stir rice mixture.
- Sprinkle chicken with remaining cheese. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand until cheese is melted and liquid is absorbed into rice, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining basil.
- You can also use 2 large boneless skinless chicken thighs in this recipe. Skip the cutting step and instead, roll out the thighs; sprinkle inside of chicken as directed; re-roll up; secure with toothpick. Continue as directed, adding 2 minutes per side during browning.
- Serve with your favourite green vegetable, or for a one-pot meal, stir 1 ½ cups (375 mL) broccoli florets into rice mixture at the end of step 3.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g|
- Excellent source of calcium
- Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox