Creamy Tomato Black Bean Taco Soup
Products you'll need:
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) dry chili powder (for soup)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cumin powder
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 2 cans CAMPBELL'S® Ready to Serve Creamy Tomato Soup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil, for frying
- 4 corn or flour tortillas, cut into thin matchstick strips (substitute: store bought tortilla chips, broken)
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 2 lime juice, squeezed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chili powder (for Crema)
- In a large saucepan,heat vegetable oil over medium heat. Add the onion,cook,stirring occasionally,for approximately 2-3 minutes or until tender and translucent.
- Add the chili powder,cumin,tomato and black beans. Stir mixture together to combine,and sauté for 2-3 minutes over low to medium heat.
- Add the CAMPBELL'S® Creamy Tomato soup to the black bean mixture. Return mixture to high heat,and bring to a near boil. Reduce temperature to low,and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a frying pan,heat canola oil over high heat. Add taco strips in small batches into the hot oil,and fry for approximately 1-2 minutes or until crispy. Remove from fryer and wipe off any excess oil using a paper towel.
- In a mixing bowl,combine sour cream,juice from 2 limes and chili powder. Combine together until it has a thin enough consistency to run as a drizzled sauce. Add a small amount of water,approximately 1 tbsp (15 mL),if needed to thin the mixture out.
- Ladle soup evenly into 4 bowls,garnish with a drizzle of chili lime Crema and crispy tortilla chips.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||17 g|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox