Farro Caprese Salad
Products you'll need:
- 1 cup (250 mL) farro
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 2 lb (908 g) cherry tomatoes (or grape, plum)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pine nuts, toasted
- 8 oz (226 g) fresh burrata cheese
- Flaky sea salt to taste
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Bring 2 1/2 cups of Campbell’s broth to a boil in a pot with a tight-fitting lid. Add 1 cup farro. Cover,reduce heat to low,and simmer for 30 minutes until soft and chewy to the taste. Drain excess liquid. Set aside.
- Depending on choice of tomato,halve or quarter into bite sized pieces. Combine tomatoes,olive oil,basil,and garlic in a large bowl and marinate for the remaining cooking time of the farro. Stir in cooked grains,pine nuts,and torn pieces of burrata. Add sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste.
- Notes: Pairs well with grilled octopus,halibut or sole. If pairing with shrimp (tail-on),marinate in olive oil and garlic before grilling
- Tips: Investing in Maldon Sea Salt will serve this dish well as the flaky salt takes the tomatoes to the next level of flavour.
- When large heirloom variety tomatoes become available in late August,substitute for listed tomatoes. To prepare an heirloom tomato: remove core with a very sharp paring knife. With a serrated knife,slice the tomatoes in 1 mm segments parallel to the core.
- Grain Substitution: Pearl barley is a suitable grain alternative as is pasta like couscous or orzo.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Saturated Fat||28 g|
|Dietary Fibre||4 g|
- One serving of vegetables
- Excellent source of calcium
- Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox