Gingery Shrimp with Udon Soup
Products you'll need:
- 1 cup (250 mL) julienned carrots
- 1 cup (250 mL) snow peas, cut in half crosswise
- 5 leaves napa cabbage, cut crosswise into 1-inch-wide strips
- 4 oz (113 g) spinach, coarse stems removed and leaves cut crosswise into 1-inch-wide strips
- 6 oz (170 g) dried udon noodles
- 1 carton CAMPBELL’S® Ready To Use Pho Broth
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mirin (Japanese sweet rice wine)
- 2 pieces peeled, sliced fresh ginger root (2x4 inches)
- 4 fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed
- 1 lb (454 g) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 green onion (white and green parts), cut crosswise into 2-inch pieces and julienned
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) toasted sesame seeds
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat. Have a large bowl of ice water ready. Add carrots (do them separately if you want to keep them divided when serving or all together for faster assembly), snow peas, cabbage, and spinach to boiling water and blanch until crisp-tender, about 30 seconds. Using slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to ice water to stop cooking (reserve boiling water), then transfer to colander to drain. Set aside.
- Boil noodles in same water until just tender, following package instructions. Drain and transfer to 4 bowls.
- In medium saucepan over moderately high heat, combine broth, soy sauce, mirin and ginger. Bring to simmer, then add mushrooms and shrimp until mushrooms are tender and shrimp are opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Divide vegetables between bowls atop noodles, then ladle hot broth, mushrooms and shrimp over. Sprinkle with green onion and sesame seeds and serve immediately.
For crispy shrimp: Pat shrimp dry and toss with 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch. Pan fry the shrimp in 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame oil over medium high heat just until opaque, about 1 minute per side. Serve in hot broth.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||6 g|
- Two servings of vegetables
- Source of calcium
- Good Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox