Hearty Quinoa Soup
Products you'll need:
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sea salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) fresh cracked pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1 carton CAMPBELL’S ® Ready To Use Mushroom Broth
- 3 leaves bay leaf
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped butternut squash
- 1 can diced No Salt Added tomatoes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) quinoa
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) thyme
- 1 can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 2 cups (500 mL) chopped kale, ribs and stems removed
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onion, carrots, celery stalk, salt and pepper and cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and red wine vinegar; cook 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and bay leaves, scraping any brown bits from the bottom of the pan and bring to a boil. Stir in the squash, tomatoes, quinoa, rosemary and thyme. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes or until quinoa is soft.
- Add chickpeas and kale and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Serve warm with a drizzle of olive oil.
If you dont have the fresh herbs on hand, replace the fresh herbs with 1 tsp (5 mL) dried.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||11 g|
|Vitamin A||1 %DV|
- Two servings of vegetables
- Good source of calcium
- Excellent Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox