Mango Jerk Pork Chops
Products you'll need:
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 2 (340g) bone-in pork chops
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 small carrot, sliced
- 1 medium green or red red pepper, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) minced ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) jerk seasoning or jerk sauce
- 1 pinch allspice
- 1 can CAMPBELL'S® Condensed Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato Soup
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped mango (fresh or frozen, thawed)
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown pork chops 4 minutes per side. Remove to plate.
- Add onion, carrot and peppers to pan. Cook, stirring, 3 minutes or until tender-crisp. Add garlic, jerk seasoning and allspice; cook and stir for 30 seconds.
- Stir in soup and mango; return pork to pan. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer until pork is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Jerk seasoning is a paste that typically comes in a jar. You can also find jerk sauce in a bottle. Jerk seasoning and sauces vary in spiciness, so start with a little and adjust depending on how spicy you want your sauce to be.
- For mild sweet and sour mango pork chops, leave the jerk seasoning out completely.
- Try this dish with boneless pork chops or ¾-inch (2 cm) sliced pork tenderloin medallions.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||6 g|
|Vitamin A||20 %DV|
- Two servings of vegetables
- Source of calcium
- Excellent Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox