Maple Glazed Ham
Products you'll need:
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) whole grain Dijon-style mustard
- 6 lb (2.72 kg) fully cooked bone-in spiral sliced ham
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- 1 carton (480mL) CAMPBELL’S Stock First ® Chicken stock
- 1 tsp (5 mL) chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/8 tsp (1 mL) freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped shallots
- Mix 2 tbsp (30 mL) maple syrup and 1 tbsp (15 mL) mustard to create basting mixture
- Roast ham according to package directions. Half an hour before end of expected bake time, uncover, brush liberally with basting mixture and bake 30 minutes more, or until meat thermometer reads 165°F (74°C). Reserve 2 tbsp (30 mL) pan drippings.
- Mix cornstarch, chicken stock, thyme, black pepper, remaining maple syrup and remaining mustard until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until tender. Stir in cornstarch mixture and add reserved pan drippings.
- Heat until mixture boils and thickens, stirring often. Serve sauce with ham.
- Maple and ham are classic go-together flavours! Maple flavour comes through as stronger and more robust when medium or amber coloured maple syrup is used.
- If using broth (instead of stock) use 600ml, add a tsp of corn starch and cook a little longer to thicken. Given stock is more concentrated flavour you may want to season to your preference.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
- Excellent source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox