Pho Ga (Chicken Pho) with Crispy Shallots
Products you'll need:
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) vegetable oil
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, cut into 1-inch pieces and smashed
- 1 piece ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fish sauce
- 1 carton CAMPBELL’S® Ready To Use Pho Broth
- 1 lb (454 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 8 oz (226 g) dried rice noodles
- 1 carrot, cut into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) each, fresh mint leaves and cilantro sprigs
- 1 small red chili pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In small non-stick skillet heat oil on medium heat; cook shallots and garlic until caramelized and golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan combine lemongrass, ginger, sugar, fish sauce and Pho broth. Cover with a lid and bring to a very gentle simmer. Add chicken and continue to simmer very gently for about 15 minutes
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions. Rinse well under cold water to prevent sticking and divide between 4 bowls.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the soup and slice. Arrange over noodles with cooked shallots and carrots.
- Strain soup through sieve into a large measuring cup. Pour over noodles in bowls. Top each with mint, cilantro and chilies. Serve with lime wedges.
Substitute the peas for shelled edamame or frozen broccoli.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||4 g|
|Vitamin A||15 %DV|
- Source of calcium
- Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox