Roasted Garlic Chicken Soup
Products you'll need:
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced (optional)
- 1 medium leek, washed & chopped
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 carton Campbell's® 30% Less Sodium Ready To Use Roasted Garlic Chicken Broth
- 1 medium boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 2 cups (500 mL) baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped parsley
- In a heavy-bottom pot, heat olive oil over medium. Add garlic, leek and carrot; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring often, or until fragrant and starting to soften.
- Add broth, whole raw chicken breast and lemon juice. Bring to simmer over medium-high. Cover, reduce heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Carefully remove chicken breast using two forks, set aside to cool slightly. Stir spinach and parsley through soup; cover and set aside while shredding chicken.
- Shred cooled chicken using the two forks; add shredded chicken back to hot soup and serve.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g|
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox