Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken BrothVIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano SoupAn iconic Canadian classic and the perfect cooking ingredient for Simple To Make, Easy To Love meal solutions:
•Packed with the bold tomato flavour you love without any artificial colours or flavours
•Seasoned with basil and just a hint of oregano
•Full serving of vegetables VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 pork shoulder roast, boneless, cooked
- 1 tsp (5 mL) black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1 can CAMPBELL’S® Condensed Tomato with Basil and Oregano Soup
- 1 carton CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 2 medium onion, sliced
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped garlic
- 1 tsp (5 mL) smoked paprika (or 2 tsp/10 mL regular paprika)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) orange juice
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- Sprinkle pork with ground pepper
- In a heavy bottom skillet, warm oil over medium heat and brown pork roast all over, about 10 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add onions, garlic, paprika, bay leaf, brown sugar and cider vinegar, tomato soup, broth, and orange juice.
- Cook, covered, on high setting for 4 hours or on low setting for 7 to 8 hours. Remove pork roast from liquid and cool. Remove bay leaf.
- Using two forks, shred, or pull apart and return to hot liquid.
- Adjust seasoning to your liking and serve piled high on warm buns.
- Steps 1 through 5 can be executed up to two days ahead.
- The best accompaniments for pulled pork are slaw and pickles.
- Don't hesitate to add bbq sauce to complete this meal.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Dietary Fibre||2 g|
|Vitamin A||4 %DV|
- Excellent source of protein
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox