Sausage and Pea Pasta
Products you'll need:
- 1 lb (454 g) Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 carton CAMPBELL’S® 30% Less Sodium Ready to Use Chicken Broth
- 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) Dried Gemelli pasta (Fiorelli, Chiocciole or other short pasta)
- 2 cups (500 mL) fresh spring peas or other seasonal vegetable
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) divided, grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) heavy cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon zest
- 2 tsp (10 mL) fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium high heat, breaking up with the back of a spoon until browned and no pink remains, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in broth, scraping up any brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil and stir in pasta. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed, about 10-12 minutes.
- Stir in peas, ¼ cup Parmesan and cream until heated through, about 2 minutes. Top with remaining ¼ cup Parmesan, lemon zest, and fresh parsley.
Replace the peas with any vegetable you have on hand.
Ratings & Reviews
More stew than pasta
The taste of this is good but there is too much liquid at the end of the cooking time. Despite adding a ¼ cup more pasta and letting it simmer much longer than specified, there was more liquid left after all was done than I would have expected in a dish that was a pasta rather than a stew or soup. If I made it again, I would probably put only 700 ml of the chicken stock.
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin A||14 %DV|
- One serving of vegetables
- Source of calcium
- Excellent Source of fibre
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox