Shaved Asparagus Quinoa with Soft Boiled Eggs
Products you'll need:
CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable BrothYou select your ingredients with care. Select your broth the same way.
•No artificial colours or flavours
•Prepared in Canada
•Seasoned to perfection for a rich, authentic vegetable flavor
•Campbell’s® - #1 selling broth in Canada!
VIEW FULL PRODUCT INFORMATION (opens a new window)
- 1 cup (250 mL) quinoa
- 2 cups (500 mL) CAMPBELL’S® Ready to Use Vegetable Broth
- 3 egg
- 1 lb (454 g) asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 2 tsp (10 mL) honey
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) minced shallot
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) flat leaf parsley leaves
- Place quinoa and Campbell's broth in a saucepan with a tight-fitting lid and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until all the liquid is absorbed; about 15 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- Bring a pot of water to a simmer (small bubbles, not a rapid boil). Add eggs and cook for 6 minutes. Adjust heat to keep a consistent temperature going. Remove eggs from water and run under cold water until cool. Peel and set aside.
- Use a sharp vegetable peeler to peel the asparagus lengthwise into thin strips, starting at the bottom end. Put into a large pot of boiling salted water for 30 seconds and then remove from pot and directly into a colander. Run under cold water until cold.
- In a large bowl, whisk together honey, lemon juice, shallots, tarragon, dijon mustard and slowly incorporate olive oil until well blended. Add salt and pepper. Toss with quinoa, asparagus and parsley. Arrange on platter and top with halved eggs before serving.
- Make ahead: Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- For something different, replace the soft boiled eggs with an equal amount of hard boiled eggs, grated.
- PLANNING TO COOK GLUTEN-FREE? Before preparing a recipe always read product labels to ensure each ingredient is gluten-free. Products and ingredients can change.
Ratings & Reviews
Thank you for your review!
Please note that your review might take up to 72 hours to appear following submission.
We will let you know when it’s posted by sending you an email.
Sign up for Meal-Mail® to get inspiring recipe
ideas delivered straight to your inbox